8.20.2008

White Cheddar Wedges

I love describing these shapes as cheese because that's one of the things the Dutch are known for. Not exactly their Cheddar - but being American - it's the first thing that pops into my head when I think of cheese.

Location: Veldhoven

It was a very cloudy day out - but these white wedges on white clouds look quite sharp and stunning. I think this type of row house is called a geschakkled row house. It's because they are attached by the garage - not the roof.

I also like how each home is just a little bit different from their neighbor. One has a window here - the other there. It makes it so it's not so static and same and boring. That's a nice design feature - we see that a lot in the modern homes.





2 comments:

Jenna Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

That is cool. I don't think I would have noticed the windows.